Invitasjon eller adgangstegn til en middag i staten New York. Datoen er USA's nasjonaldag 4. juli 1903. Middagen ble arrangert av The Roycrofters.
What is Roycroft? It was a handicraft community founded in East Aurora, NY about 1895 by Elbert Hubbard.
He tried to find a publisher for a series of biographical sketches he had written called "Little Journeys." When he was unsuccessful in his attempts to have someone else publish the works, he decided to print them himself. Thus the Roycroft Press was born. Hubbard proved to be such a prolific and popular writer that fame and fortune soon followed.
The community flourished and was at its peak in 1910 with over 500 workers. By 1915, Hubbard and the Roycrofters (as the workers were known) had achieved great success. Not only had Elbert written the inspirational pamphlet, A Message to Garcia, with an estimated printing of 40 million copies, but he was also publishing monthly magazines, The Fra and The Philistine. This was all in addition to an almost constant nationwide lecture series and the monthly publication of additions to the original Little Journeys series that started it all.
- Brukssted Norge Gausdal Follebu sikker
Aksesjon 1934Aulestad ovedratt til staten.
- Omgang og gjestfrihet OU 574
- License Contact owner for more information
- Identifier BA-02137
- BA.C0069A - Foreldet (Vega 1996)
- C 69 - Foreldet (Protokoll 1936)
- Part of collection Aulestad
- Owner of collection Aulestad
- Institution Aulestad, Bjørnstjerne Bjørnsons hjem
- Date published December 7, 2010
- Date updated December 16, 2017
- DIMU-CODE 01102375292
- UUID D96D5BC8-95F7-4509-98C1-904A0966732B